Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

It has been a great Mother's Day for me. When asked several weeks ago, I told Rob all I wanted was the Twilight DVD. So, if you know me...that wasn't true! It's been a "Sarah" weekend 24/7! Friday Nana, the sitter made all the moms brunch and gave us a gift to take home. Saturday I taught Jazzy, then went to Laura Camic's baby shower and had a blast hanging out with the girls. KK came over as soon as I got home so Rob could take me out to eat and shop! It was so nice. Sunday they let me sleep till 8:30 am then woke me up with breakfast and flowers, closed the door and let me eat and check my email alone! Rob cleaned up the whole kitchen, then went to church with us and took me out to eat again at Jalapeno's.

I tried to talk Rob into doing the "let me sleep in and him cook breakfast" every Sunday. We compromised and are going to take turns!! Hooray, a win for me!!

The kids are awesome! Owen kept saying it's "mommy's day" which he thought it meant my birthday and keeps wondering about the cake. Jenna has been in a great mood all day. She is really starting to get into reading books and she thinks so hard when looking through them. She's been walking a lot more this past weekend and will probably be a full blast walker in a few days.

It's been such a "me" weekend that I've really forgotten about my own mom which didn't want anything for Mother's day. I love you, I love you, I love you Mom! You are the greatest mom and best friend ever!!

Rob and I also discussed starting to give Owen chores! Not sure what chore or what compensation/prize...I'll blog about that later. I'm sure if Grandma is reading this she will probably give us an ear full later :)

No comments: